These requirements are for a minimal deployment. In a production environment, the requirements will vary depending on the provisioned load, and you must include careful planning and sizing before beginning the deployment.
The environment must meet the following requirements:
- 64 bit operating system (Linux or Windows)
- 16 to 24 GB RAM for each host
- Frontend – 16 GB RAM, 320 GB disk storage
- Backends – 24 GB RAM, disk storage is determined by the sizing
- Additional backend –16 GB RAM, disk storage is determined by the sizing
- Collectors – 16 GB RAM, 130+ GB disk storage
- 4 CPUs per host
- Forward and Reverse IP and DNS lookups must work on each server
Note: The following sections use Linux commands and directories as examples. For Windows, use .cmd instead of .sh, and / instead of \ for directories.