You can encrypt communications between the VMware Smart Assurance Network Configuration Manager Integration Adapter for Smarts Manager and the VMware Smart Assurance programs.
You must configure communication settings for:
- Each instance of Service Assurance Manager and IP Availability Manager in the environment
- The Tomcat server in the Network Configuration Manager environment
- Go to the BASEDIR/smarts/local/conf directory of the Service Assurance or IP Availability Manager whose communications you want to encrypt.
- Open the runcmd_env.sh script.
- Set the SM_INCOMING_PROTOCOL variable to SM_INCOMING_PROTOCOL=1,0
- Set the SM_OUTGOING_PROTOCOL variable to SM_OUTGOING_PROTOCOL=1,0
- Restart the VMware Smart Assurance services in order for the changes to take effect.
- Repeat this process for each instance of Service Assurance Manager and IP Availability Manager that requires encrypted communication.