This installation procedure describes the steps of DCF installation in the Graphical Interface.
- Ensure that you have a login with root privileges to run the installer.
- Download the installer file from http://support.vmware.com and place it in a temporary location on the server.
- Login to the server as root.
- Type ./vsa_dcf-10.1.5.0.bin –i gui to run the installer in the graphical installer mode, press Enter.
Installer introduction appears.
- Click Next to continue.
License agreement appears.
- Select the checkbox I agree to the terms of the License agreement and click Next.
Installer prompts to choose an install folder.
- Specify the directory to install DCF when installer prompts, or else press Enter to accept the default folder.
Default Install folder: /opt/DCF.Note: If the target directory already contains an existing DCF installation, then it upgrades (patch or full), else fresh installation takes place.
- Click Next to continue when pre-install summary displays.
Note: Installer triggers rollback action on any kind of failure. Except DCF_Logs, all files and folders gets uninstalled. Errors can be seen inside DCF_Logs/INSTALL_ERR.log
- Click Done to exit the installer when Install Completed message displays.
DCF installation is completed.
What to do next
After successful DCF installation, install VMware Smarts Notification Collector to pull all the events from Smarts Presentation SAM and publish the same to KAFKA for consumption.
Note: If you shutdown or stop IP/ESM server which has Cisco ACI / VCD / Cloudify discovered and restart the server with the same repos / topology using --ignore-restore-errors or --clean-topology then no issues. However if you shutdown ESM server and restart with --norestore option then old monitoring collectors for Cisco ACI / VCD / / Cloudify will be running and those need to be stopped manually.