To configure Smarts Server Manager to communicate with vCloud Director, specify the vCloud Director administrator credentials and the IP address of the vCloud Director host.
For this task, when you use the console, you need to have Smarts administrator credentials to open the Configure menu where you specify the vCloud Director credentials.
- Open the Service Assurance Manager Global Console attached to the Server Manager (INCHARGE-ESM, by default).
- In the Topology Browser Console, select Configure > Domain Manager Administration Console.
- Right-click the ESM server in the left pane and select Configure ESM credentials.
- In the Configure ESM credentials dialog box, select vCloud Director for the host type.
- Type values in the following fields:
IP address of the vCloud Director host.
vCloud Director user name.
vCloud Director administrator password
vCloud Director port (default value is 443).
- Click Apply credential with testing.
- Verify that vCloud Director credentials are accepted for the vCloud Director by checking the status indicator in the Configure ESM credentials dialog box.
A green Passed test status indicates that the credentials are accepted. If the orchestrator credentials are not accepted, confirm that the credentials are correct and enter them again in the Configure ESM credentials dialog box.
- Click Close.
Note: Configure Kafka/Kafka Cluster and DCF Controller details in clientConnect.conf and esm-param.conf, refer Configuring Kafka/Kafka Cluster and Data Collection Framework(DCF) Controller details for vCD .