To install a management pack, download the PAK file as part of the solution, and install it. Once installed you can configure the management pack and the adapter instance settings.
- DCF collector (smarts-metrics-collect solution pack)
- Various data sources (for example SMARTS Incharge IP AM-PM or PM server)
Refer VMware vRealize Operations Manager 8.4 Help for vROps installation and configuration details.Note: For 8.4 vROps use- vmware-SmartAssuranceMP-10.1.5.1 pak file.
VMware stronlgy recommends you to upgrade to the latest VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Smart Assurance 10.1.5 pak file, to address criticial vulnerabilities in Apache Log4j identified by CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046. For more information, see VMSA-2021-0028.
- Log in to the vRealize Operations Manager user interface with administrator privileges.
- In the menu, click Administration and then in the left pane, click Solutions.
- On the Solutions page, click the Repository > Add/Upgrade.
- Browse to locate the temporary folder and select the PAK file.
For example, managementpack_name-buildnumber.pak.
- Click Upload.
The upload might take several minutes.
- Read and accept the EULA and then click Next.
Installation details appear in the window during the process.
- Ensure that you install the PAK file on the primary node.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
What to do next
Configure the adapter instance for the management pack.