To install a management pack, download the PAK file as part of the solution, and install it. Once installed you can configure the management pack and the adapter instance settings.
Smart Assurance adapter needs following subsystems to be installed and pre-configured for it to be functional:
- DCF collectors
- Various data sources (for example SMART IP server)
Refer VMware vRealize Operations Manager 8.4 Help for vROps installation and configuration details.Note: Following Management Packs needs to be used for the respective vROps version, Management Pack details:
- For 8.4 vROps- vmware-SmartAssuranceMP-10.1.5
- For 8.2, 8.3 vROps-vmware-SmartAssuranceMP-10.1
- Log in to the vRealize Operations Manager user interface with administrator privileges.
- In the menu, click Administration and then in the left pane, click Solutions.
- On the Solutions page, click the Repository > Add/Upgrade.
- Browse to locate the temporary folder and select the PAK file.
For example, managementpack_name-buildnumber.pak.
- Click Upload.
The upload might take several minutes.
- Read and accept the EULA and then click Next.
Installation details appear in the window during the process.
- Ensure that you install the PAK file on the primary node.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
What to do next
Configure the adapter instance for the management pack.