You can install a license file from the command line if you are locked out of the UI. Always use the UI unless you are locked out.
- Ensure that you have an OS account with root, APG, or system administrator privileges. The application uses the
apgaccount, rather than root.
- Acquire a new license file from VMware Smart Assurance and download it to a local server. To request a new license file, create a Service Request on VMware Smart Assurance Online Support.
- Log in to the server where the core software is installed.
- Copy the new, valid license file to this same server. The file is a
- At the OS command line, navigate to the
- Install the license file using one of the following commands appropriate to your OS:
Table 1. Install license commands Operating System Command UNIX
./manage-licenses.sh install download_path/license.zip
manage-licenses.cmd install download_path\license.zipNote: The command installs the license file on this server only.