Verify and document the current status of the environment before starting the upgrade process. This will help you assess the success of the upgrade.
Refer to Manage ViPR SRM System Health for details about verifying the health of your system.
Refer to the ViPR SRM Performance and Scalability Guidelines Service Assurance Suite SolutionPack Performance and Scalability Guidelines for details about determining configuration size.
- Look for blank reports and graphs. Determine if there are any blank reports caused by collection errors. Resolve any issues or document them for later follow up.
- Look for broken links and resolve any issues or document them for later follow up.
- Validate that end-to-end topology is working. Resolve any issues.
- Review the existing backend and databases. Check
- Check backend thresholds to verify that you have room to accommodate new sizing
- Add additional backends and databases as required.
- Refer to the Watch4net Database Split v1.2 document for help if you need to manually move data to redistribute the metrics.
- Review and document any customizations.
- Polling intervals
- Timeout values
What to do next
Engage VMware Smart Assurance Support to resolve any observed issues prior to proceeding with the upgrade.