You can install the on supported UNIX hosts. This procedure specifically uses the Linux installation procedure as an example.
- When you install VMware Smart Assurance M&R on a UNIX server, assign executable permissions to the installation script.
- Ensure that you have a login with root privileges to run the installer.
- Download the installation file, and place it in a temporary location on the server.
- Log in to the server as root.
- Change the permissions of the installer.
chmod +x <file_name>.sh
- Run the installer from the directory.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Accept the default installation directory of /opt/APG or type another location.
- Accept the default user account name of apg or type another name.
- Accept the default location of service scripts of /etc/init.d or type another location.
- Accept the default base directory of/etc for runlevel scripts or type another base directory.
- Depending on the host purpose, select one of the following options:
Option Description Default Installs recommended modules available in the binary installation package. You can use this option on a single host, which enables it to serve as a Frontend, Backend and Collector host. To customize this host further, manually add or remove specific modules. Frontend Installs web services and front end applications. Backend Installs the database and backend services. Collector Installs base modules to perform data collection and enrichment. Minimal Installs the minimal modules required for any host type. To customize this host further, manually add specific modules. You may also use this option to install and configure additional Backend Hosts.