An SNMP collector discovers the capabilities that you configure for a device. You can use a seed file to import a list of device definitions or manually add and configure devices.
Ensure the SNMP SolutionPack block available with SolutionPack for CUCM 3.0 has been installed.
- Navigate to Administration in the M&R platform.
. A Dashboard appears where you add new SNMP collectors and devices as well as add devices to existing SNMP collectors.
- To upload a seed file, click
. For information about defining a seed file, click Documentation on SNMP Device Discovery – M&R.
- Type the main parameters and click Save.
- Under the Seed File tab, click Upload new definition seed file.
- Navigate to the seed file and click Ok.
- Click Save.
- To manually add devices, click
- On the New Device window, click each tab and type the required information for the device.
- Click Save on each tab.
- Select the device that you just added and click the Approve action, which is the checkmark.
- On the Dashboard, do the following:
- Click Import devices from all enabled device sources.
- Click Discover capabilities from all approved devices.
- Click Distribute all approved devices with capabilities on all enabled collectors.
- Click Send the generated configurations on all available collectors.
Green indicators appear on the Dashboard after successful executions of the above functions.