The CDR SYSTEM PARAMETERS form of the Avaya SAT program should be set up with the required parameters for the type of calls to track and format the CDR data.
- Execute the command: change system-parameters cdr
change system-parameters cdr Page 1 of 1 CDR SYSTEM PARAMETERS Node Number: (Local PBX ID) CDR Date Format: month/day Primary Output Format: unformatted Primary Output Endpoint: CDR1 Secondary Output Format: Secondary Output Endpoint: Use ISDN Layouts? n Enable CDR Storage on Disk? n Use Enhanced Formats? n Condition Code 'T' For Redirected Calls: n Use Legacy CDR Formats? y Remove # From Called Number? n Modified Circuit ID Display? n Intra-switch CDR? y Record Outgoing Calls Only? n Outg Trk Call Splitting? y Suppress CDR for ineffective Call Attempts? y Outg Attd Call Record? y Disconnect Information in Place of FRL? n Interworking Feat-flag? n Force Entry of Acct Code for Calls Marked on Toll Analysis Form? n Calls to Hunt Group - Record: member-ext Record Called Vector Directory Number Instead of Group or Member? n Record Agent ID on Incoming? n Record Agent ID on Outgoing? y Inc Trk Call Splitting? n Record Non-Call Assoc TSC? n Call Record Handling Option: warning Record Call-Assoc TSC? n Digits to Record for Outgoing Calls: dialed Privacy - Digits to Hide: 0 CDR Account Code Length: 15
- Edit the information. The following settings are recommended:
The following parameters define the type of calls that will be recorded and what data will be included in the record.
- CDR Date Format: month/day
- Primary Output Format: unformatted
- Primary Output Endpoint: CDR1
- Use Legacy CDR Formats? y Specifies the use of the Avaya Communication Manager 3.x (legacy) formats in the CDR records produced by the system.
- Intra-switch CDR: y If CDRs are required for intra-PBX calls, then the Intra-switch CDR? option must be set to y. This setting allows call records for internal calls involving specific stations. Those stations must be specified in the INTRA-SWITCH-CDR form.
- Record Outgoing Calls Only? n Allows incoming trunk calls to appear in the CDR records along with the outgoing trunk calls.
- Outg Trk Call Splitting? y Allows a separate call record for any portion of an outgoing call that is transferred or conferenced.
- Inc Trk Call Splitting? n Disallows a separate call record for any portion of an incoming call that is transferred or conferenced.
This is the recommended PBX setting, although setting n to all options is also possible. By using these recommended settings CDRs will be sent for most types of calls (conference calls, transfers, attendant) and intra-switch. Unless there is a requirement for any other particular option, the default should be n.