This procedure is required to collect PowerPath data from ESX servers.
- Add the host name and credential of every ESXi host to the RTools default lockbox. Commands will fail if the lockbox is not populated.
The first use of the command creates the lockbox if necessary.
- The RTools host has to be discovered by the Generic-RSC Collector. Discover it through the SolutionPack for Physical Hosts using the ESX Linux or the ESX Windows host type. Choose the Linux or Windows type appropriate for the RTools host so that the collector can issue the correct format scripts.
- Create the default lockbox on RTools Host and add ESXi hostname credentials:
rpowermt setup add_host host= username= password=
- Turn on performance monitoring on ESXi host from Rtools (if needed):
rpowermt set perfmon=on interval= host=
- For PASSWORD based discovery Suse Linux hosts from 3.0 RSC, it requires edits to the sshd_config file. Note this file is located under /etc/ssh directory on discovery hosts. You must enable "PasswordAuthentication" and restart sshd service on the host.
lglah196:~/.ssh # grep Password /etc/ssh/sshd_config #PasswordAuthentication no #PermitEmptyPasswords no
lglah196:~ # /etc/init.d/sshd restart Shutting down SSH daemon done Starting SSH daemon done