To upgrade from M&R 6.5u4 and 6.6u1 to 6.8u5, you must perform the following steps:
Download the M&R 6.8u5 build from Online Support website at https://my.vmware.com/.
- Upgrade the M&R core to 6.8u5, by invoking the following command:
sh EMC_MnR_6.8.5_Linux_64-bit_Setup_File.shFor more details, refer the M&R Installation and Configuration Guide for M&R Core upgrade procedures.
- To upgrade the platform:
/opt/APG/bin/manage-modules.sh update module-manager /opt/APG/bin/manage-modules.sh service update all /opt/APG/Tools/Module-Manager/1.13u3/bin/launch-update.sh
- Install the Elastic Search cluster package, see Configuring Elastic Search for more information.
- Uninstall old Traffic Flows SolutionPack and delete the blocks.
In case of upgrade from 6.6u1, you need to delete the resources pointing to datastore for TrafficFlows SP.
- Install the 6.8u5 Traffic Flows SolutionPack.
- Migrate the old database V2 to V3 to update the latest schema:
Navigate to /opt/APG/Event-Processing/Elasticsearch-Writer/ <instance_name>/datastore-ddl.
setup-datastore.shscript. This runs the migration script flow-database-migrate-V2toV3.ddl on the backend automatically.
- Run the migration script on the backend host (in case of distributed setup).
Navigate to /opt/APG/Event-Processing/Elasticsearch-Writer/ <instance_name>/datastore-ddl. The instance name was set during the installation of the SolutionPack.
Open the flow-database-migrate-V2toV3.ddl file and use CTRL+C, to copy the content.
- Navigate to APG\Databases\APG-Datastore\Default\bin.
- Run the
datastore-client.cmdscript to connect to the datastore.
- In the SQL prompt, use CTRL+V to paste the contents from the buffer.
- Restart the Event Processing Manager process.
- Reconfigure the Tomcat on the frontend, as mentioned in the post installation wizard.
It is necessary to reconfigure the Tomcat frontend after installation of this SolutionPack and update/upgrade.
- Run the migration task, see Migrating Traffic Flows SolutionPack from Datastore to Elastic Search for more information.