The publisher is a component in the presentation SAM domain that sends notifications into RabbitMQ. The RabbitMQ login for this process is with the default password of . To change this password, you must update both RabbitMQ and the SAM configuration with a new matching password.
- Log in to the RabbitMQ web-based management interface as admin.
- Click the Admin tab and select publisher from the list of RabbitMQ login users.
- Click Update this user.
- Enter the new password in both password fields.
- Click Update User.
- To change the password in the SAM configuration:
- Log in to the host where the presentation SAM is installed.
- Type sm_edit conf/clientConnect.conf.
- In the
clientConnect.conffile, look for a line beginning with
AMQP/*It is similar to this:
- In the
AMQP/*"line, replace the password field with the same password that you entered for the RabbitMQ publisher account.In this example, the password was set to
clientConnect.confand exit sm_edit.
- Restart the publisher by connecting to your presentation SAM using
- $ dmctl -s INCHARGE-SA-PRES
- dmctl> invoke SM_AMQPNotificationPublisher::SM-AMQPNotificationPublisher stop
Note: If the stop command hangs, verify that you entered the same password for the RabbitMQ publisher and SAM.
- dmctl> invoke SM_AMQPNotificationPublisher::SM-AMQPNotificationPublisher start
- In the RabbitMQ interface, click the Connections tab and verify the publisher is connected.