Before installing a SolutionPack, you must perform certain steps to ensure the SolutionPack is able to collect performance parameters from various IMS components. These parameters are transferred in 3GPP-compliant XML files from IMS to the host using SFTP.
Review the configuration options for the XML collector in the APG-Text-Parsing-Library.pdf file located in the <Install_Dir>/APG/Doc directory of the M&R host.
- Create a directory in the M&R host for collecting performance data.
For example: /opt/IMS/incoming/mrfp
- On the directory that you just created, change the permissions to
apg.For example: # chown -R apg:apg /opt/IMS/incoming/mrfp
- Configure the OSS-RC, EMS (Element Management System), mediation node, or other to push the 3GPP-compliant XML files (i.e., Ericsson Report Output Files (ROP)) to the directory created in step 2.
These 3GPP-compliant XML files are listed in the section called Node, Performance category, Default filename pattern and 3GPP format.
- Verify the periodic transfer of the 3GPP-compliant XML files is set accordingly. If your SolutionPack is set to look for updates every five minutes (the default), make sure SFTP is invoked every five minutes as well.
- SFTP the 3GPP-compliant XML files into the directory that you just created.