Compatible M&R versions
Supported Microsoft SQL versions
SQL Server 2008R2
SQL Server 2012
SQL Server 2014
1433 (This is the default port on which the MS-SQL instance is running on the MS-SQL Server. It is configurable.)
Data collection method
This SolutionPack uses these commands:
- CREATE TABLE
- This creates temporary tables used when gathering the capacity-related information of databases. The temporary tables are created in the tempdb table. These tables are later dropped.
- Executes a stored procedure that lists disks and their available free space.
- Removes temporary tables created earlier in the tempdb table.
- Instance Sizes
- SQL Server Instances Overview
- This includes reports for database sizes, database overview, and performance KPIs such as configuration parameters, IO, access methods, buffer manager, general statistics, and memory manager.
- Inventory of servers, instances, databases, and data/log files
- Situations to Watch
- This includes index fragmentation, data/log files out of space, inactive devices and components, and actual and forecasted SLA values.
- SQL Server to SAN Inventory
- Lists capacity reports per SQL Server instance
|MS-SQL Server > FS > LUN||MS-SQL Server > VMDK|
|MS-SQL Server > RDM||MS-SQL > FS using VPLEX|
Support for Host Details report
- Host Details report supports virtual machines.
- Host Details report does not support physical hosts.