Log files help you diagnose issues that you may have with SAM, the M&R platform, and the SolutionPack for Smarts.
SAM log files
The SAM log file names may differ depending on the domain name. You can find these log files in SAM/smarts/local/logs.
- Created by the Smarts broker.
- Created by the elasticsearch service. The Notifications cache uses elasticsearch to store and index its notifications to be served by the Alerts EDAA.
- The SAM audit log.
- The SAM server log. In this case, the log's name represents the INCHARGE-SA-PRES domain.
- rabbit@< HOSTNAME>.log
- Created by the RabbitMQ service. The Notification cache uses the RabbitMQ service to transfer notifications from SAM to the Notification cache. This log file name depends on the host name of the SAM installation.
- Created the first time you run the elasticsearch service. This service must be primed the first time it is run, and this log records the setup results.
- Created the first time that you run the RabbitMQ service. This service must be primed the first time it is run, and this log records the setup results.
- Created by the sm_serviced daemon process that is responsible for running the registered Smarts services.
Tomcat log files
These log files are generated by Tomcat and any web applications running within Tomcat. You can find these log files in SAM/smarts/local/logs/tomcat.
- Created by the Alerts EDAA web application. This web application exposes notifications in the Notification cache.
- Created by the alerts-ingestion web application. This web application populates notifications in to the Notification cache that come from SAM via RabbitMQ.
- catalina.< date>.log
- The Tomcat engine writes log messages pertaining to Tomcat.
- Logs the code output running under Tomcat. This output is also written to System.out or System.err.
- localhost.< date>.log
- Logs information about the virtual host within Tomcat. Always check this log if you cannot find an error in catalina.out or if something is seriously wrong.
- localhost_access_log.< date>.txt
- Logs the calls being made to the Tomcat server.
- Created by the smarts-edaa web application. This web application exposes the topology from one or more domain managers in a RESTful feed.