Use this procedure to export a self-signed SSL certificate, so that you can either import the resulting exported certificate into your truststore or share it with other users.
- Access the host for which you want to export the SSL certificate from the browser.
For example: https://<myHostname>.emc.com
- Select Continue to this website (not recommended) in the There is a problem with this website's security certificate window.
- Click the red Certificate Error indicator next to the address bar.
- In the Untrusted Certificate window, select View certificates.
- In the Certificate dialog box, select the Details tab and ensure that the Show field is set to All. Click Copy to File.
- In the Certificate Export Wizard,
- Click Next in the Welcome screen.
- Click Next to accept the default DER encoded binary X.509 setting in the Export File Format screen.
- Browse to the location where you want to save the certificate.
- Specify the certificate file name and click Save.
- In the File name field, ensure that the location and the certificate file name are correct. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click OK when The export was successful appears.
- In the Certificate dialog box, click OK in the Details tab.
- Share the resulting exported SSL certificate with other users to use.