Alert-ingestion is a component running in Tomcat that pulls notifications from RabbitMQ and inserts them in to the Notification cache. The RabbitMQ login for this service is with the default password of . To change this password, you must update both RabbitMQ and the alerts-ingestion configuration with a new matching password.
- Log in to the RabbitMQ web-based management interface as admin.
- Click the Admin tab and select ingestion from the list of RabbitMQ login users.
- Click Update this user.
- Enter the new password in both password fields.
- Click Update User.
- To change the password in alerts-ingestion:
- Stop the Smarts Tomcat service by typing sm_service stop smarts-tomcat.
- Using a text editor, open the file smarts/tomcat/webapps/alerts-ingestion/WEB-INF/classes/rabbitmq-config.xml.
- Find the password line that looks like this:
<property name="password" value="changeme" />
- Replace changeme with the new password.
In this example, the password was changed to
<property name="password" value="california" />
- Restart the Smarts Tomcat service by typing sm_service start smarts-tomcat.
- In the RabbitMQ interface, click the Connections tab and verify alerts-ingestion is connected. It may take a few minutes for Tomcat to start and for alerts-ingestion to connect.