To configure for Software-Defined Networks, specify the NSX Manager administrator credentials and the IP address of the host where the NSX Manager resides.
VMware Smart Assurance administrator credentials are required to access the Configure menu.
- Open the Service Assurance Manager Global Console attached to the Server Manager (INCHARGE-ESM, by default).
- In the Topology Browser Console, select .
- Right-click the ESM server in the left pane and select Configure ESM credentials.
- In the Configure ESM credentials dialog box, select NSX for the host type.
- Type values in the following fields:
Field Value Host IP address for the NSX Manager host User ID NSX Manager administrator user name Password NSX Manager administrator password
- Click Apply credential with testing.
- Verify that your NSX credentials are accepted for the NSX Manager by checking the status indicator in the Configure ESM credentials dialog box.
A green Passed test status indicates that the credentials are accepted for the NSX Manager.If the NSX credentials are not accepted, confirm that the credentials are correct and enter them again in the Configure ESM credentials dialog box.You can also check the log file: Verify that NSX credentials are accepted in the log file
- Click Close.
- In the Domain Manager Administration Console, select your IP Manager and select to discover vCenter and the NSX Manager. At the end of the IP Manager discovery process, the Server Manager discovery process is automatically started.
What to do next
For information about how to use the M&R UI, consult the online help.
For information about the SDN topology, consult the Smarts Server Manager User and Configuration Guide .