- In the Listener configuration section, for the Flow type list box, select NetFlow.
- Type the network port number for the listener. The default ports are:
- NetFlow: 2055, 9555, 9556, or 9996.
- In the ElasticSearch Configuration box, update the ElasticSearch IP Address and Port Number if needed. Default port is 9200.
- Use the + icon to add more listeners if needed.
- Accept 10 for the top levels of data to collect for report results or adjust the value.
- Choose whether to enable the Optional sending of Raw Data to the Database checkbox.
Choose this option only if needed, because sending raw data to the database will decrease performance. No reports currently rely on raw data and it is completely optional.
- Select the Configure advanced settings checkbox and scroll to see the settings.
- Accept 1 for the Flow listener threading level or adjust the value.
Depending on the system's characteristics, a general rule for a dedicated listener is one thread per CPU (Core). Since the database resides on the same server, adjust the number of threads so it has enough cores to fetch the flows.
- In the Flow Aggregation Period field, accept 300 seconds (5 minutes) or adjust the value.
- Accept 1 day for the Raw Data Retention Policy or adjust the value.
This field depends on the setting of the Optional sending of Raw Data to the Database checkbox.
Since the combined data collector and database are being installed on the same server, accept the default settings for all of the fields, except for the following fields where you need to select or provide values.