Increase the user process limits for the apg user account to a maximum of 65536. This modification enables services to open 65536 files and 65536 processes when needed. This step is required for proper functioning of the core software.
- Make sure you have a login with root privileges.
- The core software installed on a server running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/8, or any other supported Linux operating systems.
- Open the /etc/security/limits.conf file.
- Add the following lines for the user.
In this example, the user is apg.
apg hard nofile 65536 apg soft nofile 65536 apg hard nproc 65536 apg soft nproc 65536
- Save the file.
- To verify the changes, type the following command:
su apg -c 'ulimit -n -u'Following is the output:
open files (-n) 65536 max user processes (-u) 65536
- In the opt/APG/bin/apg.properties file, edit the hostname to a FQDN host name.
- To restart the services, type the following commands from the bin directory of the installation:
./manage-modules.sh service stop all
./manage-modules.sh service start all