Follow these steps to install the SolutionPack for Cisco IP-SLA and perform Cisco device discovery.
Determine whether you need a SolutionPack license file by checking the feature names and expiration dates listed in https://my.vmware.com/ .. If the license is not listed, obtain one by completing a Support Request (SR) form, which you can find on the support website
- Make sure the core modules, such as the Module-Manager, are up-to-date on all servers since not all module dependencies are validated during the SolutionPack installation. See the Watch4net Installation and Configuration Guide provides for more information.
- Log in to Centralized Management.
- Select SOLUTIONPACK CENTER.
- Select the SolutionPack for Cisco IP-SLA in the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen.
- Read the summary information and click Install.
- Select the Administration Web-Service Instance as the default and click Next.
- In the SNMP Masks wizard, click Install.
- Wait until the installation is complete for both SNMP Masks and Report and then click OK.
- Under Collecting, click .
- On the Device Discovery page, click Collectors.
- Create a new collector by accepting all the default options.
- Click Device and add the Cisco device to be discovered.
- Type the IP address, the SNMP community string, and assign the collector that you previously created.
- Select all Cisco capabilities to be discovered and any other capabilities.
- Select the Cisco device that you just added and click Approve.
- From the Dashboard:
- Click Import devices from all enabled device sources.
- Click Discover capabilities from all approved devices.
- Click Distribute all approved devices with capabilities on all enabled collectors.
- Click Send the generated configurations on all available collectors.
Green indicators appear on the Dashboard after successful executions of the above functions.
What to do next
After the installation is complete, selectto verify the installed SolutionPack.