An SNMP collector discovers the capabilities that you configure for a device. You can use a seed file to import a list of device definitions or manually add and configure devices.
After upgrading from M&R 6.5u4 or 6.6u1 to 6.7u1 or 6.7u2, you must manually install new SolutionPack blocks to ensure the SNMP block and SNMP Mask components are updated. Navigate to. Select the SolutionPack to be updated and click Install to update the SNMP block.
- Navigate to Administration in the M&R platform.
. A Dashboard appears where you add new SNMP collectors and devices as well as add devices to existing SNMP collectors.
- To add an SNMP collector, click
- Specify the required information for the SNMP collector.
- Under Import Options, select all options except Lock collector current capabilities.
- Click Save.
- To upload a seed file, click
. For information about defining a seed file, click Documentation on SNMP Device Discovery – M&R.
- Type the main parameters and click Save.
- Under the Seed File tab, click Upload new definition seed file.
- Navigate to the seed file and click Ok.
- Click Save.
- To manually add devices, click
- On the New Device window, click each tab and type the required information for the device.
- Click Save on each tab.
- Select the device that you just added and click the Approve action, which is the checkmark.
- On the Dashboard, do the following:
- Click Import devices from all enabled device sources.
- Click Discover capabilities from all approved devices.
- Click Distribute all approved devices with capabilities on all enabled collectors.
- Click Send the generated configurations on all available collectors.
Green indicators appear on the Dashboard after successful executions of the above functions.