Using the console, install the .
Make sure you review requirements and complete relevant procedures described in Overview, and have your credentials for Avaya Aura Communication Manager and M&R on hand.
- Log in to M&R with root privileges.
For example, http://Frontend-hostname:58080/APG
- Select Administration.
- Select Centralized Management in the Administration tree.
- Select SolutionPack Center.
- Select Avaya Aura Communication Manager in the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen.
- Read the summary information and click Install.
- Select the components to install.
- Accept the default name, avaya-voip-acm, in the Instance name field.
- Select the M&R server that will host the data collector in the Data collection list box.
- Select the M&R server to host the reports in the Reports list box.
- Click Next.
- Accept the default values for the Data Collection and Alerting on Data Collection panes.
- Enter the server addresses, root credentials, and path to the Perl executable directory for the Avaya VoIP-specific configuration. The default Perl path for Windows: C:\strawberry\perl\bin and for Linux : /usr/bin
After installing the SolutionPack, you can click the Device Discovery link in the post install message window, and follow this link to configure SNMP monitoring for the Avaya Call Managers you provided during SolutionPack installation. Alternatively you can add the devices later by accessing the Device Discovery module from Administration window. Follow these steps:
- Create a collector (if you have not already created one). Navigate to .
- Add a device to Watch4net: Navigate to
, and then configure the name of the device and IP address as part of Main parameters. Note: Make the Device Type CallManager, otherwise data for Avaya Health reports will not be displayed in the console.
- Configure SNMP Credentials.
- Add the previously created collector.
- Select appropriate Avaya capabilities for AVAYA-SERVER, GENERIC-INTERFACES, GENERIC-SYSUPTIME.
- Distribute: navigate to and then click distribute all approved devices with Capabilities on all enabled collectors.
What to do next
Allow four to five polling cycles to pass before viewing reports.
sample output : CDR LINK STATUS Primary Secondary Link State: up down Number of Retries: ÿÿÿÿ Date & Time: 2014/02/06 03:46:08 2014/01/16 10:08:20 Forward Seq. No: 0 0 Backward Seq. No: 0 0 CDR Buffer % Full: 0.00 0.00 Reason Code: OK Maintenance busy 2. If Link state is down, then execute "test cdr-link primary long" command from SAT terminal to test primary cdr link. Test 215 should PASS. Sample Output : TEST RESULTS Port Mtce Name Alt. Name Test No. Result Error Code PRI-CDR 213 PASS PRI-CDR 215 PASS
- Watch4Net server is reachable from ACM
- CDR Listener is running on Watch4Net Server on port 5001(default)