The release notes cover the following topics:
- About VMware Smart Assurance Adapter for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM EMS
- What's New in this Release
- Known Issues
- Resolved Issues
About VMware Smart Assurance Adapter for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM EMS
The VMware Smart Assurance Adapter for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM EMS provides a link from the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM EMS Service Aware Manager Open Interface (SAM-O) to the following EMC Smarts Domain Managers:
- IP Availability Manager
- MPLS Topology Manager
- Network Protocol Managers (Manager for BGP, Manager for OSPF, Manager for IS-IS)
- Multicast Manager
The Adapter sends topology queries by XML streams to the EMS, where they are processed. Near real-time events are passed from the EMS by Java Message Service (JMS), also in XML format, to the Adapter. Based on the events, the Adapter creates notifications in the Adapter Platform. The Adapter Platform creates notifications for display in the Service Assurance Global Console.
What's New in this Release
- Smarts Adapter for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM version 3.5 includes support for Nokia 7210 Service Access Switch in satellite mode. This version is qualified on NFM-P 17.9.
- [ER-1122]: Support for CMG-a8 gateway server in ASAM. This is qualified on NFM-P 18.12.
- [VM-ER-11]: Support for NFM-P 18.12 version on RHEL 7.2 in SMARTS.
- [ER-1114]: Support for VPRN Ipsec interface is available on ASAM 3.5, this feature is qualified on NFM-P 17.12 SP 15.
- RHEL 7.6 support for NFM-P Adapter.
- ASAM 3.5 is also qualified against NFM-P 19.6 GA.
The VMware Smart Assurance SAM, IP, ESM, MPLS, OTM, VoIP and NPM Managers Support Matrix available from the VMware Support website provides the latest platform and interoperability information. For detailed information about platform support and interoperability, refer support matrix for your release.
For older known issues and fixed issues, refer previous Release Notes.
Discovery and monitoring of the CMG-a8 device with ASAM-3.4.0.X on NSP EMS 18.12.
Resolution: ASAM adapter now discovers CMG-a8 device on NSP EMS 18.12 and can be monitored in the network.
Note: Based on the received database dump, CMG-a8 group has two nauge switches, one VSR-MG VEGA CMGa8 router and one Nokia AIM.
Since NOKIA AIM is snmp proxy agent, we are not discovering this management tool in ASAM. Though it belongs to the SAM-O class netw.NetworkElement, it does not have objects like Cards, Interfaces, PowerSupply etc. However, VSR-MG VEGA_CMG-a8 device is discovered under Router as it is supported with new chassisType.
- SMARTA-79/ SR 19063471501
Incorrect display name for interfaces/Physical ports on SR 7s/14s devices.
Resolution: Retrieved the ConnectorId from NSP and added in computing the display name for interfaces/Physical ports on SR 7s/14s devices.