The release notes cover the following topics:
VMware Smart Assurance Network Configuration Manager (NCM) is:
- An automated compliance, change and configuration management solution that delivers industry-recognized best practices.
- A collaborative network infrastructure design that controls change processes, provides network device and service configuration transparency, and ensures compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements — to enable you to ensure the security, availability, and operational efficiency of your network.
- An automated support for all facets of the network infrastructure lifecycle, seamlessly integrating critical design, change, and compliance management requirements.
What's New in this Release
VMware Smart Assurance 9.6.1 introduces a new version of Network Configuration Manager. This is a minor release however targeted for new deployments only. Existing Network Configuration Manager customers are recommended to be on version 9.6.
With Smart Assurance Network Configuration Manager 9.6.1 release, we introduce the following changes:
- Report Advisor (RA) and Compliance Advisor (CA) will not be part of NCM from 9.6.1 onwards. New reporting capabilities will be added in a future release of Smart Assurance.
- Upgrades and Migrations to 9.6.1 are not supported, no new functionality is added in 9.6.1.
For older known issues, fixed issues, and configuration, refer previous Release Note.
Known IssuesThere are no known issues in VMware Smart Assurance Network Configuration Manager 9.6.1.
The known issues are grouped as follows.Known issues in NCM 22.214.171.124
The VMware rebranding has been initiated. However, few files/documents still have the "EMC" branding.
This has no functionality impact. This will be further addressed in the future releases.
The Java JVM error occurs during the NCM uninstallation.
Note: This error appears only when NCM is installed in the Silent mode on Windows.
Workaround: You need to continue clicking OK until the prompted dialogue box disappears.You need to continue clicking OK until the prompted dialogue box disappears.