This topic provides an overview of VMware Spring Cloud® Gateway for Kubernetes v1.0.
Spring Cloud Gateway for Kubernetes includes the following key features:
- Polyglot supported routability for application services written in any language that wish expose HTTP endpoints on Gateway instances
- Includes Kubernetes operator for handling API gateway custom resources applied to cluster and Kubernetes "native" experience
- Commercial container images to manage, create and dynamically update API routes on instances
- Dynamic application route configuration, enabling API route updates for continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines
- Gateway-defined Single Sign-On (SSO) configuration combined with commercial SSO route filters
- Simplified OpenID Connect (OIDC) Single Sign-On (SSO) configuration for each API gateway instance
- Commercial API route filters for SSO authentication, role-based access control, scopes authorization, authorized token relay, client certificate authorization, rate limiting and circuit breaker
- High availability configuration for setting count, memory, and vCPU of API gateway instances
- Access to configure JVM performance optimizations for API gateway instance specific use cases
- Local development and testing enabled to validate API route configurations before promoting to environments on way to production
For information about installing and managing Spring Cloud Gateway for Kubernetes, see the Operator Guide.
For information about creating and managing Gateway instances and connecting them to client apps, see the Developer Guide.
The following table provides version and version-support information about Spring Cloud Gateway for Kubernetes.
|1.0.5 Release Date
||December 3, 2021
||Kubernetes 1.17 - 1.22