Release Date: July 19, 2022
What’s New in VMware Tanzu GemFire for Kubernetes 2.0:
VMware Tanzu GemFire for Kubernetes works with Tanzu GemFire 9.15.
GemFire clusters are now secured by default
- GemFire clusters created by the operator now have TLS enabled by default.
- Optional support for mutual TLS.
- Cluster administrators can disable TLS to maintain consistency with 1.0 clusters.
Pause Reconciliation on a Tanzu GemFire Cluster
- Pause Reconciliation enables operators to “pause” updates to an existing GemFire cluster to support troubleshooting and testing.
Support for GemFire security managers
- GemFire for Kubernetes clusters can be configured to use a GemFire Security Manager for Client Authentication and Authorization
WAN Cluster Example Configuration for Google Cloud
- Sample configuration for deploying two GemFire clusters on different GKE clusters.
Back up and Restore Example
- Sample instructions to backup and restore a GemFire Kubernetes cluster containing persistent regions.