Published June 27, 2022
VMware Tanzu™ GemFire® for Redis™ Apps is an add-on for VMware Tanzu™ GemFire® that allows applications currently using a Redis client to connect to and send Redis commands to GemFire. This allows those applications to use GemFire as a datastore for Redis clients, with little to no code changes.
Why Do I Need Tanzu GemFire for Redis Apps as an Open Source Redis User?
Tanzu GemFire brings decades of experience working with enterprise companies running mission critical applications. Tanzu GemFire for Redis Apps allows enterprise customers using OSS Redis and looking for enterprise-ready features “out-of-the-box” to switch to GemFire while continuing to use applications that use Redis.
These enterprise-ready features include:
- Disaster Recovery and Data Persistence
- Consistent Replication
- Monitoring Integrations
- Multi-site / Geo-Replication
What Does Tanzu GemFire for Redis Apps Include?
The Tanzu GemFire for Redis Apps add-on includes:
- More than 130 Redis commands. These include Redis commands for Strings, Hashes, Lists, Sets, Sorted Sets, and Pub/Sub.
- Automated cluster slot distribution and balancing.
- Customizable security, compatible with the Redis AUTH command.
- Support for TLS.
- Strong Consistency through synchronous data replication. When an application accesses data, the application receives the most recent “correct” data – data from the last successful write.
- End-to-end multithreading, allowing users to effectively use computing resources.
- Supports the RESP2 protocol.
- Supports Redis clients that support the OSS Redis cluster commands. This includes Spring, Java (Jedis, Lettuce, Redisson), C#/.Net, GO, Python, and Node.js.
The Tanzu GemFire for Redis Apps add-on is available for VMware Tanzu GemFire and VMware Tanzu GemFire for Kubernetes.