- See Design Patterns for descriptions of the variety of design patterns that VMware Tanzu GemFire for VMs supports.
- GemFire for VMs stores objects in key/value format, where the value can be any object.
- See gfsh Command Restrictions for limitations on the use of gfsh commands.
- GemFire for VMs does not support scaling down the cluster.
- GemFire for VMs does not support plan migrations. The
-p option to the
cf update-service command is not supported.
- GemFire for VMs does not publish locator metrics for service instances created as Co-located Single VM plans or Co-located Multi VM plans.
- The Apache Geode Developer REST API is not available for data operations.
- Because VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs applications are stateless, the durable client feature of Apache Geode should not be used.