You can use VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition Management Console on vSphere to update some of the components of your deployment individually when a new minor version of those components is available.
- In Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition Management Console, go to Configuration > TKGI Component Patch to view the list of components that are ready for patching.
- Obtain the patch installers.
- In air-gapped environments, download the patch installer from https://downloads.vmware.com/ to a local location. Click the Import Patch button to upload the installer to the management console.
- In environments with access to the internet, click the Download button next to the relevant components to import the patch installers directly.
When the patch imports are complete, select Install Patch to patch a component.
If you are patching Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition Management Console itself, you will be automatically logged out during the patching process.
- Log back in to the management console.
- Click the help icon
? in the top banner and select About to check that the version of Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition Management Console has been updated.
- Click TKG Integrated Edition to check the versions of the installed components.