Here are the key new features and capabilities specific to Tanzu Kubernetes Grid v1.4.1. See Tanzu Kubernetes Grid v1.4.0 Release Notes for new features and capabilities that apply to all v1.4.x versions.
- You can register deployed management clusters in Tanzu Mission Control. For a list of supported infrastructure providers, see Requirements for Registering a Tanzu Kubernetes Cluster with Tanzu Mission Control in the Tanzu Mission Control documentation.
- The Register TMC pane is removed from the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid installer interface.
tanzu management-cluster registercommand is removed from the Tanzu CLI.
- The cluster configuration variable
- On vSphere with NSX Advanced Load Balancer configured as the control plane endpoint, Dex and Pinniped services for identity management deploy as service type
LoadBalancer. Previously, they deployed as
ServiceType: NodePortand you had to integrate NSX Advanced Load Balancer with your identity provider manually.
- Management clusters created with the
prodplan have three worker nodes by default. Previously, the default count was one.
- Management clusters can be deployed with more control plane and worker nodes than the
prodplans define by default, by setting the
- In proxied environments, configuration variable
TKG_PROXY_CA_CERTlets the proxy server use a different self-signed certificate than is used by the private image registry.
- (vSphere) Clusters that have NSX Advanced Load Balancer (ALB) as their control plane API endpoint server can use an external identity provider for login authentication, via Pinniped.