Create a cluster group to help organize and manage your clusters.
A cluster group is an organizational grouping in the VMware Tanzu Mission Control object hierarchy that provides for better management of your Kubernetes clusters. In this procedure, you create a cluster group to contain your clusters. For more information about cluster groups, see What is Tanzu Mission Control in VMware Tanzu Mission Control Concepts.
This procedure assumes that you have a Tanzu Mission Control organization, and that you are logged in to the Tanzu Mission Control console, as described in Launch the Tanzu Mission Control Console.
- To create a cluster group, you must be associated with the organization.edit role.
If you attempt this procedure and find that you cannot create a cluster group, you can contact your organization administrator. However, this procedure is not required for subsequent sections of Getting Started with VMware Tanzu Mission Control. You can skip this procedure and use the default cluster group as necessary.
- In the left navigation pane of the Tanzu Mission Control console, click Cluster groups.
- In the top right corner of the Cluster groups page, click New Cluster Group.
- On the New cluster group page, provide a name for the cluster group (for example,
myusername-clusters), and then click Create.
- On the Cluster groups page, click the name of the cluster group you just created.
If necessary, you can search or sort the list to find the cluster group.