Exercise the observability features of VMware Tanzu Mission Control to examine what is happening in your cluster.
After attaching or creating a cluster, you can see it in the list of managed clusters in the Tanzu Mission Control console.
- You have a provisioned or attached cluster in your Tanzu Mission Control organization.
- You are logged in to the Tanzu Mission Control console.
cluster.viewrole for the cluster.
- In the left navigation pane of the Tanzu Mission Control console, click Cluster Groups.
- Click the name of the cluster group (for example, default) in which your cluster is attached.
The clusters in the selected cluster group are displayed in a table.
- If you have a large group of clusters, you can click a heading in the table to sort your clusters alphabetically by the value in that column.
- You can also filter by the value in some columns. Click the filter icon and start typing.
- Click on the cluster you attached (or created).
The cluster detail page shows the health of the cluster and provides tabs that show information about Kubernetes objects in your cluster.
- Click the Namespaces tab to see a list of the namespaces in your cluster.
- Click on a namespace to see the workloads running there.
Notice that the left navigation pane shows that you are now on a namespace detail page under Namespaces.
- Click the back icon (←) beside the name of the namespace to return to the cluster detail page.
- Click the Overview tab.
The Overview tab shows a number of details about the cluster, including resource usage, component health, and the result of the latest inspection. From here, you can optionally run a conformance inspection against your cluster.
What to do next
Continue your exploration of the cluster by clicking on the other tabs of the cluster detail page.