Use Tanzu Mission Control to modify the collector configuration that controls how data is sent to Tanzu Observability.
The collector configuration for Tanzu Observability specifies a number of details about the data that is sent to your Tanzu Observability account, like what data is collected and how often it is sent. Using Tanzu Mission Control, you can change the configuration to tune data collection for each of your clusters.
For more information about collector configuration for Tanzu Observability, go to https://github.com/wavefrontHQ/wavefront-collector-for-kubernetes/blob/main/docs/configuration.md#configuration-file.
Log in to the Tanzu Mission Control console.
- To modify the Tanzu Observability collector configuration for your cluster, you must be associated with the cluster.admin role on the cluster.
This procedure assumes that you have a managed Kubernetes cluster that you have already added to Tanzu Observability.
- In the Tanzu Mission Control console, navigate to the cluster whose Tanzu Observability collector you want to configure.
- On the cluster details page, in the top right corner, click Actions and then choose .
The Configure page shows the YAML code for the collector as it is currently configured.
- Edit the YAML code to configure the collector.
- You can edit the code directly in the provided code box.
- If you have already edited the collector, you can click Reset to Default Configuration to pull the default configuration from your Tanzu Observability account.
- To load a new configuration from a file, click Import and then select the file to import.
- When you have finished making changes to the collector configuration YAML code, click Save.
Make sure you click Save to apply your changes. Regardless of the method that you use to update the collector configuration YAML code, your changes are not applied to the cluster until you save.