Use VMware Tanzu Mission Control to create labels to identify and organize your Kubernetes resources.
- cluster groups
The labels you apply to an object are displayed in object lists and on the detail page for the object. For example, the Cluster groups page in the Tanzu Mission Control console shows a list of your cluster groups along with the labels that are applied to them. When you click on a cluster group, its labels are displayed in the summary panel at the top, and the list of clusters in the cluster group has a column that shows the labels defined for each cluster. You can filter or sort on the Labels column to find clusters with a given key or value.
In addition to the user-defined labels that you have applied to an object, there can also be system-defined labels that have been applied by Tanzu Mission Control. System-defined labels are outlined in blue, while user-defined labels are outlined in orange. You cannot modify system-defined labels.
- To manage the labels for an object, you must be associated with the .edit role for the object.
- In the Tanzu Mission Control console, navigate to the object on which you want to apply or remove a label.
- In the top right corner, click Actions and then choose Edit labels from the dropdown.
- To add a label, enter a key and value, and then click Add.
You can optionally repeat this step to create additional labels.
- To remove a label, click the delete icon (x) for the label.
You cannot modify a label you've already created, but you can delete it and then create a new one.
- When you have finished editing the labels, click Save to apply the labels to the object.