As an infrastructure operator in VMware Tanzu Mission Control, you can install the Tanzu Service Mesh extensions on a cluster and connect it to your Tanzu Service Mesh account.
After Tanzu Service Mesh has been enabled on your organization, you can then add the clusters that you want to manage with Tanzu Service Mesh. When you add a cluster to Tanzu Service Mesh, an extension is installed on the cluster to communicate with the Tanzu Service Mesh service.
Log in to the Tanzu Mission Control console.
- To add your cluster to Tanzu Service Mesh, you must be associated with the cluster.admin role on the cluster.
Make sure your cluster satisfies the requirements for Tanzu Service Mesh, as described in Tanzu Service Mesh Environment Requirements and Supported Platforms in the VMware Tanzu Service Mesh documentation.
- Navigate to the cluster you want to add in the Tanzu Mission Control console.
- On the cluster detail page, click the Actions dropdown menu and then choose Tanzu Service Mesh > Add.
- In the Add dialog, select the set of namespaces on which to enable Tanzu Service Mesh.
Note: System namespaces are always excluded from Tanzu Service Mesh.
- You can choose to enable Tanzu Service Mesh on all namespaces in the cluster (excluding system namespaces).
- To exclude namespaces from service mesh, select Exclude namespaces.
- To exclude a specific namespace, choose Is exactly, select the namespace, and then click Add Exclusion.
- To exclude namespaces based on a starting pattern, choose Starts with, enter the first few characters of the namespaces you want to exclude, and then click Add Exclusion.
- Click Confirm.
When you click Confirm, Tanzu Mission Control installs an extension on your cluster to enable Tanzu Service Mesh. After the extension is installed, you can access the Tanzu Service Mesh console through the Integrations box on the Overview tab of the cluster details page in the Tanzu Mission Control console.