Use Tanzu Mission Control to manage Tanzu Kubernetes clusters running in a registered management cluster.
When you register a Tanzu Kubernetes Grid management cluster with Tanzu Mission Control, the workload clusters running in the management cluster are exposed to Tanzu Mission Control, but they are not added into Tanzu Mission Control management by default. You must identify the workload clusters you want to add and specify the cluster group with which to associate the clusters.
This procedure assumes that you have a Tanzu Kubernetes Grid cluster, and have already registered its management cluster with Tanzu Mission Control.
Log in to the Tanzu Mission Control console.
- To bring a workload cluster under Tanzu Mission Control management, you must be associated with the managementcluster.admin role, as well as the clustergroup.edit role to add it to a cluster group.
- In the left navigation pane of the Tanzu Mission Control console, click Administration, and then click the Management clusters tab.
- In the table of management clusters, click the management cluster that contains the workload cluster you want to add.
- On the management cluster detail page, click the Workload clusters tab.
- In the list of workload clusters, select the clusters you want to add by clicking the checkbox next to the name, and then click Manage # Cluster(s).
- In the confirmation dialog, select the cluster group to which you want to add the clusters, and then click Manage.
When you click Manage, Tanzu Mission Control installs the cluster agent extensions on the workload cluster and adds it to the specified cluster group.