Use VMware Tanzu Mission Control to create a provisioner in your management cluster.
To create workload clusters in your aws-hosted management cluster, you must have a provisioner. This procedure describes how to create a provisioner in your aws-hosted management cluster through the Tanzu Mission Control console. For more information about provisioners and Tanzu Kubernetes clusters, see Cluster Lifecycle Management in VMware Tanzu Mission Control Concepts.
Note: For a Tanzu Kubernetes cluster running in vSphere with Tanzu, you add a provisioner by creating a vSphere namespace in the Supervisor Cluster, which you can do in your vSphere environment. For more information, see Working with vSphere Namespaces on a Supervisor Cluster in the vSphere with Tanzu Configuration and Management documentation.
Log in to the Tanzu Mission Control console.
Make sure you have the appropriate permissions to create a provisioner.
- To create a provisioner in your aws-hosted management cluster, you must be associated with the managementcluster.edit role.
- In the Tanzu Mission Control console, click Administration in the left navigation pane.
- On the Administration a page, click the Management clusters tab, and then click aws-hosted in the list of management clusters.
- On the management cluster detail page, click the Provisioners tab, and then click Create Provisioner.
- Provide a name for the provisioner, and then click Confirm.