Create a role binding in the access policy for an object to specify permissions for a member or group.
Log in to the Tanzu Mission Control console, and then go to the Access page for the type of object for which you want to add a role binding, as described in View Your Access Policies.
- To edit the access policy for an object, you must be associated with the .admin role for that object.
- Navigate to the object whose access policy you want to add a role binding to, as described in View Your Access Policies.
- In the organizational view, select the object.
- Click the arrow next to the object name under Direct access policies.
- Click Create Role Binding.
- Select the role that you want to bind to an identity.
- Select the identity type that you want to bind.
- Enter one or more identities, clicking Add after each identity, and then click Save.
When you click Save, the new role binding is applied to the policy and is displayed on the Access page.
Example: Grant yourself access to your first cluster
- In the organizational view on the Access page, select your cluster.
- Click the arrow next to the cluster name under Direct access policies, and then click Create Role Binding.
- Select the cluster.admin role to grant administrative access to this cluster.
- Select the user type to grant access to individuals.
- Enter user IDs for yourself or your colleagues in the user identity field, clicking Add after each identity.
- Click Save.