Tanzu RabbitMQ for Kubernetes is one of the Tanzu RabbitMQ commercial offerings. It is a cloud native messaging and streaming service that you can deploy on any Kubernetes cluster. It provides an easy, automated way to deploy and manage RabbitMQ brokers for reliable event and message distribution in multi–cloud locations.
It is a curated version built on the popular Open Source RabbitMQ messaging and streaming solution and further enhanced by VMware’s RabbitMQ engineering experts.
With Tanzu RabbitMQ for Kubernetes, developers can now manage their messaging systems virtually anywhere, leveraging simple and fast deployment to Kubernetes, low levels of DevOps maintenance, and access to the Kubernetes ecosystem for logging, monitoring, and tracking.
The product includes the following main components:
- Tanzu RabbitMQ OCI - This container image includes RabbitMQ, the Erlang runtime and other dependencies as well as commercial plugins
- Tanzu RabbitMQ Kubernetes Operators and sidecar containers - This layer provides the control plane to create and manage RabbitMQ deployments with ease and zero downtime.
What it can do
When Tanzu RabbitMQ is deploying a RabbitMQ cluster it also creates a Kubernetes service that allows other pods to use the cluster without the need for additional load balancer. If you want to expose the RabbitMQ cluster to applications outside the Kubernetes cluster, Tanzu RabbitMQ configures this service to have a routable endpoint on the Kubernetes external load balancer.
Tanzu RabbitMQ does not stop at cluster lifecycle management, you can also create and manage messaging topologies on the cluster and across clusters using Kubernetes API.
Why use it?
- Enterprise messaging on-demand virtually anywhere
- Popular features include Warm Standby Replication, which is an automated disaster recovery solution with continuous schema definition and message replication to a remote cluster and the Intra-cluster Compression feature for data compression and cost saving.
- Expert knowledge codified in an operator (Tanzu RabbitMQ Operator)
- Rapid, self-service provisioning wherever Kubernetes is deployed
- Safe for production: In combination with the Tanzu RabbitMQ Open Container Initiative (OCI) image, Tanzu RabbitMQ for Kubernetes allows developers to provision clusters with production-safe defaults. It also provides production manifest examples for many configurations.
- Rolling Upgrades Made Easier - Rolling upgrades of a running deployment can be completed by simply updating the Kubernetes deployment manifest.
- Security: Security is a major concern in both cloud and shared infrastructure environments. Tanzu RabbitMQ for Kubernetes helps developers secure their applications for zero-trust configurations with a variety of measures:
- RabbitMQ OCI images based off the lightweight Photon OS, for minimal surface area of attack
- Ability to configure both single and mutual TLS between RabbitMQ nodes and clients
- Artifacts are automatically scanned for vulnerabilities and dependencies are updated in new image
- Supported by VMware Experts: Tanzu RabbitMQ for Kubernetes was created by VMware experts with years of experience deploying it in enterprise environments in order to make going to production safer and easier.
Find out more or Get a License?
To find out more or to get a license for VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ products, fill out the VMware RabbitMQ support contact form and we will get back to you with a tailored quote.