If you don't have a VMware account, you can create one when you sign up for Tanzu Service Mesh. You also need to create an organization in VMware Cloud Services and then add Tanzu Service Mesh to the new organization as part of the sign-up.
Verify that you have received an email with a Tanzu Service Mesh activation link from VMware.
- Paste the Tanzu Service Mesh activation link from the email received from VMware into Chrome.
- On the VMware Cloud Services login page, click Create Your VMware Account.
- On the Create VMware Account page, provide the following information.
- Country of Business
Select the country where your organization does business.
- Sign-in Credentials
Enter your email address and then enter and confirm the password that you want to use for your VMware account.
- User Profile
Enter your first name, last name, and your phone number.
- Business Profile
Provide the name of your business and your business address and specify the nature of your organization's relationship with VMware.
- (Optional) Select the check box to receive updates and other news about cloud services from VMware and its affiliates.
- Click Continue.
- On the Identity Verification page, complete the required identity verification step:
- Click Send Verification Code to have a verification code sent to the email address you provided.
- Enter the received code and click Verify Code.
The message Email Verification. Verified appears.
- Click Create VMware Account.
The message Your VMware Account has been successfully created appears.
- Click Continue to Complete Sign Up.
- In VMware Cloud Services Console, create an organization and Tanzu Service Mesh to the organization:
- Click Create New Organization.
- Provide a name for the organization.
- Specify the address for the organization.
- Click Terms of Services to read the terms for using Tanzu Service Mesh and then select the check box next to the Terms of Service link.
- Click Continue and then select the organization to add Tanzu Service Mesh to it.
You have signed up for Tanzu Service Mesh. The Welcome to Tanzu Service Mesh page appears. Tanzu Service Mesh takes a few minutes to create a software as a service (SaaS) tenant for your organization in VMware Cloud and deploy the necessary service mesh microservices. When the setup is complete, the Onboard Clusters dialog box appears. You can use this dialog box to onboard your cluster to Tanzu Service Mesh.