You can add, configure, and manage the regional site.
To add a regional site, follow the steps:
Obtain the licenses and network information required for configuration.
- Click Domains under Infrastructure Automation.
- Click the Regional Site icon.
- Click Add.
The Add Domain page appears.
- On the Add Domain page, provide the required information.
Field Description Domain Name The name of the site. Min no. of Hosts Minimum number of hosts required for the site. The number of hosts cannot be less than 4 or more than 64. Enabled Whether the site is enabled and available for operations. If the site is not enabled, no operation can be performed on the site. Location The location of the site. Licenses Licenses of various appliances applicable to the site. These appliances include:
- VMware vSphere (ESXi)
- VMware NSX-T Data Center
- VMware Telco Cloud Automation Control Panel
- VMware vCenter Server
- VMware vSAN
- Add the Switch Configuration information. Click plus icon to add more switches and uplinks.
Field Description Switch The name of the switch. Uplinks
Select the network interface card (NIC) for the regional site under Uplinks.Note: A regional site requires minimum two NICs to communicate. NIC details should match the actual configuration across all ESXi servers.
- Add the Networks information.
Note: For vMotion and vSAN, the IP pool should be equal to the total number of ESXi hosts.
Field Description Name The name of the network. Network Type The type of the network. vLAN The vLAN ID for the network. MTU The MTU length (in bytes) for the network. Prefix Length The Prefix length for each packet for the network. Gateway Address The gateway address for the network. Network Address The network address for the network.
- (Optional) Add the Appliance Overrides information. Ensure that the appliance names match the actual names entered in DNS. If they do not match, you can change the name.
Field Description Override Whether to override the current values. Appliance Type The type of the appliance. Name The name of the appliance. Name Override The new name of the appliance to override the previous name of appliance. IP Index IP index of the appliance. The value is fourth octane of the IP address. The initial three octanes are populated from the network address provided in domain. Enabled Whether the appliance is enabled and available for operations.