Starting with VMware Telco Cloud Automation version 1.8, you can upload binary files when designing network functions. Package your Ansible Playbooks as a ZIP file and place it within the CSAR file. You can then run your Ansible Playbooks through VMware Telco Cloud Automation using vRealize Orchestrator (vRO) workflows.
Bundling Ansible Playbooks in Network Function Catalogs
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Design a Network Function descriptor. For more information, see Designing a Network Function Descriptor.
- In the Network Function Catalog Properties window, add the vRO Workflow that runs your Ansible Playbook to the network function.
- In the Resources tab, upload your Ansible Playbook scripts as a ZIP file, if necessary.
Running Ansible Playbooks
- Copies the Ansible Playbook package from the CSAR to the Ansible host.
- Unzips the package on the Ansible host.
- Replaces the host file on the Ansible host and performs any environment-related settings.
- Runs the Ansible Playbooks through vRO SSH Workflows.
- Returns the Ansible Playbook output to VMware Telco Cloud Automation.
Sample Ansible Playbook Workflow
For a sample workflow for deploying LAMP through Ansible, see Ansible Workflow.