Using VMware Telco Cloud Automation, you can upload a SOL001/SOL004 compliant network service descriptor and cloud service archive (CSAR) package. The system parses and validates the configuration, and presents the topology in a visual viewer. It then persists the entry into the network services catalog.
- Add a cloud to your virtual infrastructure.
- Add any required network functions to your cloud.
- Verify that your network service descriptor complies with the following standards:
- Must be in the CSAR format.
- Must comply with the SOL001 or SOL004 standard.
- Must comply with TOSCA Simple Profile in YAML version 1.2 or TOSCA Simple Profile for NFV version 1.0.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Select Network Services > Catalog and click Onboard.
The Onboard Network Service page is displayed.
- Select Upload Network Service Package.
- Enter a name for your network service.
- Click Browse and select the network service descriptor (CSAR) file.
- Click Upload.
The specified network service is added to the catalog. You can now instantiate the network service.
What to do next
- To instantiate the network service, see Instantiate a Network Service.
- To obtain the CSAR file corresponding to a network service, select the function in the catalog and click Download.
- To remove a network service from the catalog, first terminate and delete all instances using the network service. Then select the service in the catalog and click Delete.