You can create VM-VM affinity rules to specify whether selected individual virtual machines run on the same host or kept on separate hosts.
Create the topology.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Select Network Functions > Catalog and click Onboard.
The Network Function Catalog page is displayed.
- Click the network function on which you want to create affinity rules and select the Rules tab.
- To add an affinity rule, click the Add under Affinity Rules.
- Add the name of the affinity rule in text box corresponding to Rule Name.
- To create affinity among the VDUs, select the VDU from the list.
- To add an anti-affinity rule, click the Add under Anti-Affinity Rules.
- Add the name of the anti-affinity rule in text box corresponding to Rule Name.
- To create an anti-affinity rule among the VDUs, select the VDU from the list.
The affinity and anti-affinity rules are added.
|VDU||Affinity Rules||Anti-Affinity Rules|
|VDU 1, VDU 2||The deployed VDUs are always kept together on the same ESXi host even for scaled-out instances.||The deployed VDUs are always kept apart on different ESXi hosts. for scaled-out instances, an anti-affinity rule is created for every permutation and combination.|
|VDU 1||All the scaled VDU instances of VDU 1 are kept together on the same ESXi host.||All the scaled VDU instances of VDU 1 are kept apart on different ESXi hosts and only one anti-affinity rule is created.|