Upgrade the software version, descriptor version, components, repository details, instantiation properties, and Network Function properties of your CNF and map them to the newer version in the Catalog.
If the existing Helm Chart requires a software upgrade, the system upgrades the software version of the CNF instance. If the existing CNF instance is not present in the new catalog, you can map the current CNF instance to a new Helm Chart. If you do not make a selection, then the existing CNF instance is removed from the Workload Cluster.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Select Network Functions > Inventory and select the CNF to upgrade.
- Click the ⋮ symbol against the CNF and select Upgrade.
- In the Upgrade Revision tab, select the software version and Descriptor version to upgrade to.
- In the Components tab, select the upgraded components to be included in your CNF.
- In the Inventory tab, select the repository URL from the drop-down menu, or specify the repository.
- In the Inputs tab, update the instantiation properties, if any.
- In the Network Function Properties tab, review the updated model. You can download or delete Helm Charts from the updated model.
- In the Review tab, review the updates.
Your CNF is upgraded to the specified properties.