To change the power state of a network function, use the Operate life-cycle operation. This operation powers on or powers off the VDUs belonging to a network function. For the stop operation, you can either perform a forceful stop or a graceful shutdown.
Instantiate the network function.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Select Network Functions > Inventory.
- Click the Options (three dots) icon for the desired network function and select Operate. You can also click the network function and select Actions > Operate.
- In the Operate dialog box, change the power state to Started or Stopped.
- If you select Stopped, select one of the following options:
- Forceful Stop - Powers off the VDUs.
- Graceful Stop - Shuts down the guest operating systems of the VDUs. Optionally, enter the Graceful Stop Timeout time in seconds.
- Click OK.
The VDUs in the instantiated network function powers on or powers off according to your selection.