You can add the management domain for a central or regional site.
Obtain the required licenses and network information required for configuration.
- Click Domains under Infrastructure Automation.
- Select the site type.
- To add management domain for central site, click Central Site.
- To add management domain for regional site, click Regional Site.
- Click the Add Management Domain icon.
The Add Management Domain page appears.
- On the Add Management Domain page, provide the required information.
- Click the button corresponding to Enabled, to enable the provisioning of the site. If the site is not enabled, no operation can be performed on the site.
- Click the button corresponding to Pre-Deployed to add an existing management domain. When you enable Pre-Deployed, you must provide Default Resources.
- VMware Telco Cloud Automation (TCA) does not perform any operation on a pre-deployed workload domain. However, you can add compute cluster and cell site group to the domain.
- TCA can auto-detect the resources if only one resource for resource type is available in the vCenter. If multiple resources for each resource type are available, you must fill the values.
- Datacenter - Enter the name of the data center.
- Cluster - Enter the name of the cluster.
- Datastore - Enter the name of the datastore.
- Enter the details.
Field Description Name The name of the site. Minimum number of hosts Minimum number of hosts required for the site. The number of hosts cannot be less than 4 or more than 64. Location The location of the site. Click the button corresponding to the location. Search Enter the keyword to search a location. Latitude Latitude of the compute cluster location. The details are automatically added when you select the location. You can also modify the latitude manually. Longitude Longitude of the compute cluster location. The details are automatically added when you select the location. You can also modify the longitude manually. Settings You can modify the service settings and the proxy settings for each site. These configurations override the global configuration available in Global Configuration tab on Configuration page. For more details on service and proxy parameters, see Configure Global Settings. Licenses Licenses of various appliances applicable to the site. These appliances include:
- VMware vSphere (ESXi)
- VMware NSX-T Data Center
- VMware Telco Cloud Automation (available only for Central site)
- VMware Telco Cloud Automation Control Panel
- VMware vCenter Server
- VMware vRealize Log Insight
- VMware vSAN
Services You can enable the networking and storage operations for the specific site.
- Add the Switch Configuration information. Click plus icon to add more switches and uplinks.
Field Description Switch Name of the switch. Uplinks
Select the network interface card (NIC) for the central site under Uplinks.Note: A central site requires minimum two NICs to communicate. NIC details should match the actual configuration across all ESXi servers.
- Add the Networks information.
- For vMotion and vSAN, the IP pool should equal the total number of ESXi hosts.
- You can click + sign under Networks to create additional VLAN or overlay network to connect with additional applications.
- For Application network type, you can add DHCP IP Pool.
- Add the gateway and prefix length when creating the VLAN application network if networking service is enabled and edge cluster is deployed in NDC, RDC, or Compute Cluster.
- Add the gateway and prefix length when creating the overlay network.
Field Description Name The name of the network. Segment Type Segment type of the network. Select the value from the list. Network Type The type of the network. Switch The switch details which the sites use for network access. VLAN The VLAN ID for the network. MTU The MTU length (in bytes) for the network. Prefix Length The prefix length for each packet for the network. Gateway Address The gateway address for the network.
- (Optional) Add the Appliance Overrides information. Ensure that the appliance names match the actual names entered in DNS. If they do not match, you can change the name.
Note: For NSX-Edge cluster configuration:
- To override the Edge form factor, select the Size from the drop-down menu.
- To override the HA, select the Tier0Mode from the drop-down menu.
- You can configure the Root Password, Admin Password, and Audit Password, and select the Use above credentials for all the password fields to use the same password for all the appliances.
Field Description Root Password Password of the root user of the appliance.Note: Minimum length of the password is 13 characters and it must include a special character, a capital letter, a lower-case letter, and a number. Admin Password Password of the administrator of the appliance.Note: Minimum length of the password is 13 characters and it must include a special character, a capital letter, a lower-case letter, and a number. Audit Password Password of the audit user. Applicable only for NSX Manager, and NSX Edge cluster.Note: Minimum length of the password is 13 characters and it must include a special character, a capital letter, a lower-case letter, and a number. Override Whether to override the current values. Appliance Type The type of the appliance. Name The name of the appliance. Name Override The new name of the appliance to override the previous name of appliance. IP Index The IP index of the appliance. The value is fourth octane of the IP address. The initial three octanes are populated from the network address provided in domain. Enabled Whether the appliance is enabled and available for operations.