VMware Telco Cloud Automation notifies you when a new version of VMware Telco Cloud Automation Control Plane (TCA-CP). You can then go to Administration > System Updates and upgrade to the newer version.
If you miss an upgrade notification and want to check for a newer version of TCA-CP, perform the following steps:
- Ensure that VMware Telco Cloud Automation is connected to the activation server.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation Control Plane web interface.
- Go to Administration > System Updates.
- In the Available Service Update Versions column, click Check For Updates. This option is useful when you miss a notification from TCA-CP about a service update and want to upgrade to the latest version.
Note: The Check For Updates option is available only from VMware Telco Cloud Automation version 1.8 onwards.
- When an update is available, you can perform one of the following operations:
- Download - To download the upgrade bundle from the public URL and stores it in the TCA-CP node, click Download.
- Upgrade - After downloading the upgrade bundle, the Upgrade operation is enabled. To upgrade your TCA-CP version, click Upgrade.
- Download & Upgrade - This option combines the download and upgrade operations.
- Readme - This option opens the release notes for the particular build.